So, a month or so ago I went to the social security office to get Baylar's ss card. For some reason he was never issued a number after birth, which means a bunch of frickin' hoops to jump through just to get him a number issued. I call and they tell me that his insurance card should be enough identification to get his card/number issued. Good deal 'cuz that's all I have...he's only 21 months old.
Off I go to the ss office 30 miles away in the next bigger town but not that much bigger. My mom waits in the truck with the boys and inside I go. I'm greeted by an empty room and written instructions to *take a number*...o-kaaaay. Well, while I was looking for where to go, 2 other people came in and took their numbers...damn, third in line now!
I finally get up there and I tell the lady that I need to get a ss card issued for our son. She asks me for id and I give her his medical card. She proceeds to tell me that it isn't enough, I need more documentation, like shot records. I tell her that I was told that his card would be enough and she says no. I then tell her that he doesn't get shots, we're delaying only the shots we want and during the flu season I wasn't going to take my son in to the peds when he isn't sick, for a chance of him becoming sick. She asks me how old he is. I tell her around 20 months...she says well he should have had all his shots already and that could be my documentation. Are you frickin' kiddin' me??? I proceed to explain to her again that he doesn't get shots and doesn't have shot records. I swear, if it ain't somethin' simple that these people here know about, they just don't comprehend what the hell you're talkin' about...this was one of those times! She just couldn't understand why Baylar hasn't had shots and she didn't know of any other papers I could use. She even mentioned the Health Department giving shots away...UGGGGG!! I was so mad when I left there I was shaking. There ain't no way in hell that ANYBODY is gonna tell me what to put in my child...period!! He'd go without a number first.
Now, Baylar got his 2 month shots but the records were never signed by the ped and I just don't know if that will be enough, if I can find it. But you can bet your bottom dollar that he will get a card without getting shots if I have to go to the governor to do it. I'll let you know how it goes. HA!
I got our new grass in the mail yesterday. I'm really excited to see if it grows like it is purported to. It's Zoysia grass http://www1.zoysiafarms.com/ It's supposed to choke out weeds and requires little water or maintenance. Once I get it planted I will take pics and we'll see how well it does. It needs 70+ degree weather and today it's almost gosh dern cold out there...wth anyhow!
I got the t-posts drove in yesterday for the garden. I hope to have time today to get the fence up but I'm not sure it's a one person endeavor. The garden isn't as big as I wanted and I wanted to plant extra corn to sell but it will do for this season. It will take us a few seasons to get everything the way we want it anyhow. But the dirt smells so sweet and organic, I truly hope it can grow some wonderful food for my family to enjoy.
I gotta get goin' as I have a lot to do. Have a great day and remember...plant something!!!