UGGGG...I get the call/yell of the kids yesterday that there is a snake in the yard. We have told them that with all the poisonous snakes here, if they see one they need to come tell mom or dad RIGHT AWAY!! They did as they were asked...yeah!!!
So I go outside to see the snake...OMG, the thing is at LEAST 6 foot long. Scared the crappers outta me. I run inside to get my cell to call Brandon and by the time I got back out there, he was under the porch. GREAT!!! Not a fan of not being able to see my enemies!! Call Brandon at work and he tells me he'll be home soon and to keep an eye on him. Okay, not liking the last part but I'll play. He told me to chop his head off with a shovel...hell no!!! I ain't getting that close.
I get off the phone with Brandon and by golly, here comes another bastard, 6+ feet long and heading for the porch. By this point, I'm really FREAKIN' out and almost starting to hyperventilate. I can handle a lot of pests/animals and stuff but snakes are not one of them. I've seen more snakes here in 2 years then I ever did living over 20 years in AZ...go figure.
I call my fil and he doesn't answer my number but when Emmah called, he answered. He was gonna come with his 22 rifle and shoot them for us. I load up on the 4 wheeler to open the gate for him and I also like being off the ground, riding the 4 wheeler. I had thongs (flip flops) on and a lot of bare skin on my legs.
Sonny (fil) gets here and shoots them both. Thank goodness!! Normally we just put the snakes in the pasture if they aren't poisonous but these guys were after the clutch of eggs under the porch. We have 17 chickens and 3 turkey's and a passel of kids...too much to keep them around.
Now, Brandon wants me to get a 22 pistol so I can shoot them. I want a rifle though because it's bigger to handle and I'm a klutz. A pistol might be dangerous for me. I can fall clear to the ground over nothing and have sprained my ankles I don't know how many times. I have learned to watch the ground when I walk and it keeps me from falling too much. But not big on carrying a pistol...lol.
That was our exciting evening. O-and spraying the lgd's with a Permethrine solution wasn't much fun either. Goll-dern pests are a pain in my arse and I hate having to use the chemicals but...ya do what ya gotta do. I got rabies shots for the lgd's and a 7-way to boost puppy shots. It's nice in OK you can buy the rabies at the feed or pet stores. I guess OK has so many lgd's and ranch dogs. And most people don't want their animal/livestock off the property to get shots. I was wondering how I was gonna get our buffoons ,who have never been in a car or truck, to the vet. Awww, problem solved. Now we just have to get the danged things put in'em. They were wild , buckin' knuckleheads for the flea/tick treatment...so, not sure how needles will be...FUN!!!
Gotta go and get ready to go to the park for lunch with Brandon. Tomorrow will be bad with rain and possible tornadoes. Today is the last sunny day for a while...uggg.
Have a good day!!