...though I would like to be. I get so tired of everything falling on my shoulders. And then when I get sick, tough titty said the kitty. I truly enjoy taking care of my family but I have been noticing things that are goin' on...
The girls really aren't helping out with chores in the least. I do their laundry, used to fold it, serve them their plates of food (just recently stopped cutting food for the girls) while I always eat a cold dinner, nag about watering the outside animals (they never remember) and I could really go on and on. From them I get...*can I...ride the 4 wheeler, get on the computer, text my friends, go to b-ma's (or g-ma as they put it hehe), jump on the tramp, go to friends' house*, etc...it goes on and on. I try to make a chore list and after grippin' about things not getting done or not enough thought put into it to do it right, I just do it my self.
Now, Brandon does VERY little. It's a chore for me to get him to take the trash to his truck to drop off at the work dumpster...I can't get regular trash service because the dumpster is free and weekly trash pickup is $15....for pete's sake! I think he has done dishes, even with the dishwasher, since we've been here (almost a year), 2 TIMES!! He doesn't do laundry, doesn't fold, doesn't vacuum, wipe a counter or the table, NEVER the bathroom, doesn't help me feed or water, forget going to the grocery store or appointments for the kids (he gets weekdays off too), bathing the boys is VERY rare and I'm not even sure he's given Baylar 5 baths total, not to mention the huge garden I planted and flowers/shrubs I've done outside...I really could go on. Now that I look at that, it's sad...my family is taking advantage of me and I let them.
Great! Baylar is awake from his nap...some days I don't even want to get outta bed. My patience meter is at -10000%. I just want a little time for myself and maybe my family realize I do try so hard but I can't get it all done.
Mother's Day came and went with 2 cards from my girls. And what I wanted wouldn't have cost any of them a thing...and it would have made my day. Instead, I had a small nap (that I had to sneak to get), I planned for us to go out to dinner so I wouldn't have to cook but the steakhouse was closed (5pm on Sunday in OK everything is closed) and then to top it off, on the 30 mile drive home, Colton started throwing up and was sick for 24 hours more...then Baylar the next morning was covered in puke. I guess he had gotten sick in the night and bless his heart, I never heard a word from him. Then last night as I'm trying to unwind from another crazy, going day...Emmeh gets sick and instead of throwing up in the bucket I had given her *just in case*, it blew all over her bed and floor...that was 11pm. Then...it finally got me. All the cleaning and sanitizing I'd done just didn't work. I was up all night...and I wasn't throwing up!! I consider myself a pro when it comes to vomiting (nervous child and HORRIBLY sick pregnancies) so I'm not sure why I didn't, just a tummy ache.
Okay, gotta go get Baylar...that's my *me* time of the day. Sorry to be whining...