Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Catchin' up

I haven't posted in a while but here's a rundown of what's been goin' on...

Choncho hung his big ass head over the fence and took out a row of corn. I couldn't believe it! And they were just about ready to set corn. So now we don't have near enough but at least we have some left. The watermelons are takin' over the garden! We've gotten a lot of peppers and cucumbers. For some reason the tomatoes are growing but little to no buds and the fruit seems to be takin' forever to ripen. The one tomato I got had a worn hole so I chucked it to the goats and turkey's...Willy won:O) The beans are blooming and getting ready to to produce. Now I need to learn how to can beans...HA! I canned a batch of blackberry jam and it turned out pretty good but I didn't cook it long enough (due to my pan bein' too small and it almost boilin' over:O). We still use it on pb and j's.

Montanna lost the 4 wheeler key while we were pickin' blackberries with my mom on the property. Little butthead didn't want her cousin (who is here for a month) to drive it so she put the key in her waisteband. Goes back to load up and no key. We searched for at least 30 minutes at high noon, sweatin' our butt's off from the damn heatwave and high humidity we're havin', until we finally gave up and all piled onto my 4 wheeler and I took the girls back to grandma's and then took me, mom and Baylar home. Sat in the a/c and cooled off. Brandon finally found out how to use the screwdriver and get it started without the key, since it will  cost $160 for a new ignition switch...uggg!!! But it was fun to have my little 4 wheeler back to ride around. I even practiced catchin' air off a log. That was FUN! Though I still have to get the back tires off the ground.

This mornin' my fil helped load his panels into my truck and I unloaded and got the fence put together for the goats. Their pasture is pretty dry with the no rain we've had, so I decided to move them around the bigger pasture in the round pen/panels, as they eat it down. Goats are great for browsing and taking trees and briars down. I better get off here and go get them some water.

We went for a drive this past weekend and got to see wild horses, of the Hidalgo clan. We live right next to the mountains where he was let go. I took pics and will post them later. They were beautiful!!! We also went to the lake again, that was fun.

Okay, gotta go and get some stuff done. Have a great day!!! No spell check today...