Monday, February 7, 2011

More snow on the way...YUCK!!!


Now I'm startin' to get really irritated by the cold, snowy weather. Lookin' at seed catalogs just isn't doin' it anymore...I need SPRING!!! But who doesn't, huh:O)

I was very busy in the kitchen yesterday making muffins, hand balm and chap stick/lip gloss. My hands get horrible in the winter and washing so much makes then crack and hurt. So I did a little research in my notes/recipes and made my own for hand balm. Balms are so fun to make because you can't really mess up. If it's too hard, add more oils and if it's too soft, add more beeswax.

Here are the recipes I made...

Lavender Hand Balm
~canola oil
~cocoa butter
~mango butter
~olive oil
~safflower oil
~shea butter
~vitamin E
~grapeseed oil
~avocado oil
~emu oil
~honey
~beeswax
~arrowroot powder (instead of corn starch)
~lavender/chamomile oils
~lemongrass oil

I heated/melted everything (using a tablespoon of each except the beeswax...2:1 ratio). Stir really well and let cool off a bit, add essential oils and jar up...YUMMY!!!

It is proving to be a very nice hand balm and doesn't wash off with every had washing:O)

Lip Balm/Lip Gloss
~olive oil
~vitamin E
~safflower oil
~shea butter
~emu oil
~mango butter
~palm kernel oil
~beeswax
~honey
~tea tree oil
~lavender oil

Melt it all together, mix and bottle. I added purple mica to some for the girls to give them a little sparkle...like a gloss.


 That was my day yesterday. O-and Dutley *buds* came off last night. He is quite mad at me and still wants to bite me if I go near the *region*. That's okay 'cuz hopefully now his *manhood* will settle down a bit. Poor little Fluff-n-Dutt;o)

I need to get goin' and feed and other chores. I wanted to tell everyone I am sorry I can't take pics of every step/thing I do here. I know how pics are loved online and in blogs. I just can't find the time for everything in a day and pics are the least of what I need to do...bare with me and I hope you still enjoy my blog.

O-yeah, I forgot to tell ya'll that my 4 wheeler is goin' to take like a $600 part to fix, so...I will have a monster truck rally with my *monster truck*, as Colton puts it, the stove and the 4 wheeler!! I am goin' to destroy them:O)

I will get a pic of my baby, I mean truck, today. Brandon charged the battery and she is still goin' strong...gotta love them Ford's with 280,000+ miles!!! LOVE my Ford!!!

Gotta go...take care and have a great Monday!!!

                                    Pics are from our resent trip to the Kiamichi River last Sunday.