Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Where's the rain????


Mercy!!! It has been so hot and muggy here...and no rain. Everything is dyin' or near death. I wish we would have had our rain barrels ready when it rained the last time. We're gettin' out of the rainy season, with little to no rain. Not sure what that means for the rest of the summer...hot, hot, HOT!!!

The garden is doin' pretty good. But the cherry tomatoes that were about to turn red, got eaten by the damned chickens!!! So, I have to get some cages around the toms today and then try and get the t-posts in for the fence. Brandon wants to put wood posts in. I could dig the holes but I would rather just pound the t-posts now and get a better, permanent fence in come fall. At least the goats are gone and the horses are in the pasture.

I just read a great article in Mother Earth News about the wolves in Yellowstone. Very interesting and I learned things I didn't know...I love it:O)
http://www.motherearthnews.com/nature-community/keystone-species-zm0z11zrog.aspx

O-also on a side note...I figured out what my mom was thinkin' about her necklace. It was all a big misunderstanding that could have been cleared up had she asked me face to face. She now knows she was wrong, dead wrong...but I have yet to get an apology. Hell ain't freezin' any time soon, that's for sure;O) But it's all good!

I need to get goin' and get my chores done. Little tip for ya'll...vinegar kills mold, as does Tea Tree oil. I keep a spray bottle full of vinegar, water and essentials around for general cleanin' and to spray the shower or anywhere else that might be havin' a mold issue...which is anywhere here:O)

Take care and have a great day!