This blog will follow my family's journey through some of the craziest times in our life. Life is always full of big surprises and great adventures...I hope you enjoy travelin' through our's. I also like to be random...freebies, recipes for food and non-food stuff, fyi's and other randoms. Come enjoy!!
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Another one is gone...
Seems like I am always writin' that I haven't posted in a while and I give *reasons* why I haven't. I've, of course, still been busy workin' and takin' care of family life but this last week I have been in mourning, I guess you could say.
Last Tuesday our first and beloved horse Choncho was killed by a tree. My father-in-law was out there cuttin' trees and the horses were over by the fence just kickin' it. Nextthing he knows, the tree is falling and crackin'...Choncho takes off runnin'. In the nano-second it took...Choncho was gone...
I can't even put into words how I am feeling...a horrible ache in my heart and soul, a desperate scream of NOOOOO fighting to be heard and WHY soon follows...
To lose a horse is often a hard burden to bare but to lose a horse this way is almost too much to handle.
He was my first horse...a beautiful rescue, a year in the making. Who followed his human family and his pard, Spirit, from Arizona to Idaho, to Montana and again to Idaho. Then our long journey to Oklahoma where we felt we were finally home for good. Though he and Spirit were afraid of the woods when we first got here, they soon learned how to enjoy them.
I need to go...my mom just came with a new puppy...
Another one is gone...
2011-11-09T09:12:00-07:00
Unknown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
