This blog will follow my family's journey through some of the craziest times in our life. Life is always full of big surprises and great adventures...I hope you enjoy travelin' through our's. I also like to be random...freebies, recipes for food and non-food stuff, fyi's and other randoms. Come enjoy!!
Friday, November 18, 2011
Talimena National Scenic Byway
Today we are takin' a little trip on the Talimena National Scenic Byway to explore the beautiful fall colors. I promise to take a lot of pics and post them (hopefully when we get home as I work the next 4 days and I usually don't get online). The locals have been tellin' me about the drive for a while now and since Brandon and I both have the day off and the kids have Fridays off, we decided today was the day. YEEEHAWWWW!!! I love road trips:O)
The shock of Choncho lessens as the days pass. My mind protects me in that when I do happen to think about it, it shuts it down and unless I fully concentrate, I can't think about the reality of it. Spirit has been close to a basket case. Spooky and jumpy. I did close off the gate at the bottom of the pasture/creek and opened our gate to let him graze our yard and the pretty green grass that has come up with the recent rains (thank God!!!). I see him a little bit but mostly he keeps to himself...and he doesn't lick my hand like he used to. I wish I knew what to do for him...
On a lighter note, I had a company contact me about possibly bein' in a reality tv show. How 'bout them apples...lol:O) We're supposed to get together on skype and talk some. We'll see how it all pans out. Somethin' fun to think about anyhow.
I also need to take some pics of our new puppy, Maya. She is a cutie but irritatin' at the same time...PUPPIES;O) I will start her trainin' soon. I hope to go huntin' this evenin' and I think we'll take her. Get her used to bein' out in the woods and see what kinds of smells she finds. She seems to have a good sniffer on her. We would still need to get a catch dog for hoggin' but we might see how Hog does. He's about 2 but I've never been one to think animals get too old to train for somethin' new.
Anyhoo, I should get goin', finish gettin' ready and enjoy the warm cinnamon rolls fixin' to come outta the oven...yummmm!!
I hope ya'll are gettin' ready for the big day next week. I will post my menu. We still need to find a turkey as I don't want to buy one from the store. I have given us until next Tuesday to hunt one or I'll need to buy one.
Have a great day and I'll talk atcha ya'll late:O)
Talimena National Scenic Byway
2011-11-18T08:14:00-07:00
Unknown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)