Friday, December 2, 2011

Mean people suck!!! And there's more then ever...

Sometimes...and more often now then ever, I wonder why people are so mean? What has our world come to that people would rather step on your back while tryin' to get ahead of you, then to treat you with respect and consideration??? Hippie-ish I know...but my mantra is *Peace, Love and Food*...if we all had those things, I believe the world would be a kinder place to be.

I haven't talked much about the job I took for about 4 months but I learned a lot about myself in those months. Bein' a server was somethin' I took pride in, I am very good at it and always wanted my customers to leave feelin' better then when they came...and usually it worked.

Now, I'm not sure if people have changed so much in the 12 years I haven't worked or it's the area or ...??? But I realized I didn't give a rats butt if people had a good day...harsh but true. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of regulars that I really enjoyed (though some I truly detested;O) but then there were always those nasty people that it didn't matter what you did for them, they were never happy. Workin' there I came into contact with some of the most uppity white trash I had ever met...go figure...lol.

The reason I quit...I just couldn't take the mean people anymore...right down to the employees and owners. It got so stressful for me that I would come home just spent and wound up...a combo that made me grumpy and angry...not something I enjoyed bein' or havin' my family endure.

It may sound silly but the magnitude of how mean people have gotten really upsets me. I just don't understand how people can be so selfish and vindictive, for lack of a better word. I was raised to be kind, respectful and giving...of everyone (to an extent:O). Now, I'm not a softy or dummy when it comes to people, I read them really well...I just prefer to see the good in people. Even in a world that seems to think everyone is out to take from them and use them in some way.

And what's even sadder is our family is not immune to the meanie's. Maybe it's a level of maturity I have achieved but I just don't care for the drama anymore. I don't sweat the small stuff, I like to keep things mellow, easy-goin' and happy. Life is too short to be angry all the time and find the negative in everything...walk outside and see the beautiful world we have been granted with and enjoy the small things...corny, I know but it's how I feel:O)

I should get off here. I need to get Emmah some presents today for her birthday tomorrow...the big 1-0!! Brandon and I will shop on his lunch break...it should be fun!

Have a great day! O-and smile and say *Hi* to someone you don't know today...it could make their day!!!

P.S. The pic is of Medicine Springs which has a long, special history around here. Hope you enjoy!