Talk about excited...and just down the road a bit!! He was a good sized one, maybe 200lbs by my guess. Just runnin' across the road. Big, black and kinda scary. My adrenaline got a-pumpin' but I also know what they can do, which is what scared me. The kids got excited too:O)
I thought the other night I smelled one. I got a strong whiff of bad b.o. that wouldn't go away. The dogs have been barkin' at night but they usually do. It has cooled off and gotten way wet, so I figure they're movin' down south again from the mountains.
I think we will have to get rid of Maya. She keeps gettin' chickens. We thought it could have been the owl we've been seein' but it's not. She's a pretty smart dog, seems to have a good sniffer on her but I will not tolerate a chicken killin' dog. Won't have it. Now I just need to figure out what to do with her. I have a couple ideas of family with no fowl...we'll see. But we only have 3 roos and 4 hens left.
O-and this is what I saw while I was startin' dinner this evenin' out the kitchen windows...what a great shot!! Wish I would've had a bow that I could operate...I need a crossbow due to less things to deal with=less complicated. But they are pricey:O(
Gotta go, it's about bedtime for the kiddos. Have a great night!!