Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It was time...


This pic of Chonch was taken in AZ back in '03-a few months after we got him...first time someone backed him:O)

Last night when I fed Spirit I finally went to see Choncho, or what was left of him. It was tough but something I had to do for myself and by myself. I also wanted to get a hoof of his. And I found 2...a front and a back still attached to the hock and cannon. It may sound morbid but it wasn't. It's a part of him...a special part.

I also found his skull and it hit me pretty hard how he died. Seein' his beautiful head there, covered in fractures...it was tough. And I also realized that Brandon had lied (though to save me from more heartache) about where he had been hit. Not sure it mattered when all was said and done but it did.

I did bring the 2 hooves back to the shed so the dogs can't take'em off. I will do something special with them. I already have Star's hoof in my curio cabinet...beautiful hoof I traveled on. Maybe I'll have Brandon make me a special sized shadow box for a hoof and his forelock...I'm sentimental that way.

I've also been buggin' Brandon about a fellow equine buddy for Spirit and he told me last night if we get the last part of the property fenced off, I could get another horse and even the milk cow I crave:O) So, we'll be fencin' it up around here, again!

O-we had a blast at the bonfire the other night. I have a few pics to share...
 Happy girl...

Happy boy...
Happy mama and dad
Happy family:O)


I need to get off here and finish up chores. I think I might have a lead to where one of the hens is layin'...egg huntin' is a past time around here:O)