So, I am tryin' to get ready for the start of the farmers market that starts next month. I plan to have soaps, bath salts and milk baths, lotion bars, jewelry and maybe more. I somehow don't sell things well. I don't know what it is lol.
Anyhoo, here is the soap recipe I used. I made it up with some of the oils I had. The chocolate soap is still curin' though I have used a bar and really like it. The kids don't like the fragrance but Brandon does. Ha! We'll see how that turns out.
Honey Lavender Soap
30oz palm kernal flakes or coconut oil
20oz olive oil
20oz sunflowet oil
5oz castor oil
1oz avacado oil
4oz shea butter
*Added honey and bentonite clay at light trace. Heavy trace I added lavender essential oil...it smelled soooo goood!
26.4oz green tea and pureed cucumber, slighty frozen always
11.3oz lye, I need more though I do have potassium hydroxide for liquid-that is a tricky soap though. I need a good bubble bath if you have one!
Follow basic soap makin' steps and always insulate your soap out of drafts for 24 hours. Dump out and cut, cure for 3-4 weeks. Enjoy!
I made this soap with faces in mind but useful for a body soap too.
Have a great day!
Anyhoo, here is the soap recipe I used. I made it up with some of the oils I had. The chocolate soap is still curin' though I have used a bar and really like it. The kids don't like the fragrance but Brandon does. Ha! We'll see how that turns out.
Honey Lavender Soap
30oz palm kernal flakes or coconut oil
20oz olive oil
20oz sunflowet oil
5oz castor oil
1oz avacado oil
4oz shea butter
*Added honey and bentonite clay at light trace. Heavy trace I added lavender essential oil...it smelled soooo goood!
26.4oz green tea and pureed cucumber, slighty frozen always
11.3oz lye, I need more though I do have potassium hydroxide for liquid-that is a tricky soap though. I need a good bubble bath if you have one!
Follow basic soap makin' steps and always insulate your soap out of drafts for 24 hours. Dump out and cut, cure for 3-4 weeks. Enjoy!
I made this soap with faces in mind but useful for a body soap too.
Have a great day!