Sunday, November 29, 2009

Great week...slow internet


Wow, it's been a little while since I last posted. The internet has been so slow that I couldn't even check mail, let alone go to any sites. My fil has satillite and I think they cut down his speed at the end of the month...I really don't know but can't wait until we have our own connection...YEAAA!!


So, we ended up with about 30 people over for Thanksgiving. Not everyone ate but everyone had a blast. We had a huge bonfire, lots of food and good company. I hope to have it at our house every year!! We had a 23lb turkey, 10lb ham, potatoes, giblet gravy, rolls, corn, pies, relishes and dips before dinner, a cheese ball, a delicious punch that was a hit and probably more I forgot. I ended up leavin' the green bean cassarole in the oven for over 2 hours and we didn't get to eat it but that was the only misshap of the day. The weather was nice also. Just a very nice day and I felt very proud of myself. A lot of people came that always made a big dinner and it was nice to let them enjoy a work/cook free day.


We had quite a few animal additions over the week and weekend. Let's see...Bear is a 4 month old White Pyrenees and St. Bernard who is a big fluffy, sweetheart. Hog is a 5 week old British Bulldog and Golden Retriever (I know...crazy) who we had to bring home earlier then expected. His mama got mastitis and he wasn't gettin' enough food with 10 other siblings. He is doin' really well and quite the buds with Bear. They will be the gaurd dogs for outside. Then we finally got the chickens, 2 roos and 5 hens. They are penned up right now and we'll let them loose is a few days. The dogs seem to be doin' well with them so far. The chickens should like it here and have plenty to eat since the land has been overgrown and unused for close to 75+ years.


I think that is about it with what's goin' on here. Life is goin' good...O!!! My mom is moving here from Arizona...Thank Goodness!!! I will need to go pick her up and get her moved here soon, before Christmas. I'm tryin' to see if I can get a cousin to go with me just for company. That is a long drive for me and Baylar by ourselves. I'll probably take Brandon's truck (2500, kingcab Chevy) instead of my four door pickup to save on gas/fuel. I can't wait until she gets here!!!


Gotta go into town to get some Christmas lights as it seems when we moved, the thieves also stole all the lights outta my boxes...nice. I got some pics on Thanksgiving and will try to get them loaded soon. Hope the holiday was great for everyone and safe!!! Take care ya'll!!!



See if you can find the horse in the picture. It's Spirit while out grazing one night...I was following them taking pics...at about midnight...lol