Why is it that Christmas has changed so much over the years? I'm not even sure the kids nowadays know what Christmas is about or what it stands for. And I am soooo tired of having to be so damned politically correct. What happened to free speech? Now we can't even sing Christmas carols or wish people a Merry Christmas. Now to be pc, you have to say *Happy Holiday's*.
I'm glad that most of the year we are broker then all get out so when Christmas or other gift giving holidays come around, the kids get excited to be getting toys or other special things they don't get ALL YEAR LONG! Now they are calling this new generation the *Me* generation and that is the truth!! Gimme, gimme, gimme is all the kids have to say now and the parents go right along with them and then wonder why their kids are disrespectful assholes...hummm, wonder why?
And who the heck came up with the epitome of *normal*? It drives me nuts hearing people say *that's not normal*. Okay, some things just aren't normal but how you dress, do your hair, etc. has so many degrees to it that no one can say what is absolute normal. We're raising our kids to think that all the glamorous crap they see on tv is normal...their body image is normal, the way everyone has the top notch cell phones is normal, everyone being in debt to pay for the facade is normal. We truly are as a nation goin' to hell in a handbasket and quite frankly, I get embarrassed with the image we portray to other countries.
Okay, sorry for the little rant. I get a lot on my mind that I want to blog but by the time I get down here to the internet, they leave me...this one stuck:O) I will be tryin' somethin' new with my posting and see if that will get me postin' a little more...findin' the time to get down here is hard.
I will be leaving for AZ on Tuesday. I am hoping to take my computer and blog along the way but I don't know if it will happen. I plan to drive straight through on Tuesday and then load and leave Arizona by Thursday. I will be leaving both girls and Colton here...I will miss them badly and haven't been away from them that long. I'll be takin' the Stink Bug and a cousin who's never left OK...fun times ahead for sure!!!
O-and I think Frannie is about to have her kid/kids!!!! We have to work on her a house today as the chickens we got took over the whole spot. We have one hen laying on some eggs too so maybe we'll have some chicks in a few weeks. The puppies have been doing well in the sub-freezing weather we have had. Quite the troopers they are!!
The picture up top is of Star in Idaho the winter of '07-'08...quite the 45 below 0, windy, ice cold winter!! That's what got us to move here...lol...
Have a great day ya'll!!!