Well, I'll try to catch ya'll up on what's been goin' on here. First off, my monster-in-law went to AZ for about one glorious month...the hag came back though, damnit. The money she had to get there is another story, just wait.
Brandon finally got his settlement from his accident almost 4 years ago. And it was almost a tenth of what our lawyer was expecting from this crazy mess but with the company filing bankrupcy, we were screwed and lucky we got anything. It was a long, hard road with many downs and quite a few up's, we're just glad it's over. (dang it, I just lost 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back...cleanin' up a wonderful mess of cereal and milk all over the table and freshly moped floor...gotta love it!!)
ANYWAYS...we were able to pay the house off, though the house still sets on the in-laws property because for some reason my fil hasn't given us the 5 acres he said he would. We're supposed to be gettin' that straightened out now that the house is paid for. We were also able to buy an '02 Chevy Suburban and pay cash. We have always paid cash for most everything. If we didn't have the cash, we didn't buy it. Everything we have right now is paid for and that feels good. After many years of hard work and effort. Brandon will never be the same because of the accident but he has a great job with the water company. And we plan to stay here indefinatly which is very different for both of us, we've always moved around a lot.
Brandon also traded his truck to a cousin for his 4 wheeler. It's a 500 4x4 but it drives like a tank, I don't like it. It is fast as all get out though and I'm sure Brandon will hurt himself on it. The smaller 4 wheeler we have that the kids ride is my favorite. We're needing to get one more but that will come later. We've been tryin' to go on a trip up into the hills (or the mountains as the locals put it) for a few weeks now but it just hasn't happened. There's always something needin' to be done around here, playin' has to wait. We do get to ride around the property and we have some good trails. I took my mom for a cruise through the creek on day. Picture if you will...my mom in nice new shoes (I'm wearin' my slip on boots:O) hops on the back of the smaller one for me to take her for a ride. I decide it would be a good idea to see if I could get it across the creek...without 4 wheel drive. Brandon and I had already talked about it and he said he wouldn't try. Whelp, I wanted to try and I wanted to take my mom on a fun little adventure. So, we go over to access the situation and see if we can. Once gettin' there, I lost a little of my nerve...not my mom. She gets to eggin' me on sayin' we can make it if we just stay to the left. She really wants to go, so I'm willin' to ablige her...what's the worst that could happen? We'd get stuck and have to be pulled out. Shoot! That's nothin'. I get a runnin' start and put my thumb *to the floor*, so to speak and we were off. Mercy, there was mud flyin' everywhere but we were makin' it. We got through it just to start sinkin' in the lower, bottom part of in-laws pasture. So, I had to keep it floored and we were a boppin' and flyin'. We finally get to the gate, no without some funny glances from the horses no doubt and we get a look at eachother. My mom is COVERED in mud, from head to toe. I thought I would die laughin' and thankfully she found it funny too. We couldn't stop laughin' for a long while and in turn couldn't get the gate. We fianlly compose ourselves to head for the in-laws driveway to take the road home and realize we had another group starin' at us...my in-laws and a bunch of cousins. Ooops. They all got a good laugh and then we headed for home. That was a pretty good first 4 wheelin' adventure for my mom...though no one has ventured across the creek again with the small one...lol. We have on the big one though.
We also got a new Chihuahua puppy. He's a long haired fawn merle with blue eyes. I got him as a buddy for Daisy though I won't breed them. He will be neutered. I just can't seem to take Daisy in to get spayed after losin' my one little Lucy girl because of the vet's inability to do his job. Anyhoo, his name was Dudley but Colton called him Dutley because he could say the other. I thought it was so cute that we kept it. He's a rowdy turd but quite the cutie.
There has been a lot more goin' on but I need to get busy doin' my chores and stuff. O-Brandon up and gave his dad $15,000...that is how the witch went to AZ AND she almost ran out of money...gotta love it! He had told me that we would discuss things first and then he just gave him the money. I was livid to say the least. So, we've given them over $25,000 in the last 10 months...I think we're flippin' paid up...geesh.
I a great day ya'll!!