Friday, April 16, 2010

I'm back and ready to roll!!

I am back online and it couldn't have some sooner! The fiaso I had tryin' to get internet was beyond bazaar but not by Oklahoma standards, I guess. I ordered the "wireless, faster then all get out (or cable/dsl)" from a local company. Now, when I called to order it, the lady was really unwilling to give me any information unless I specifically asked the question...okay, that should have been clue number one. But nope, I agree to send them $350 to get it installed as soon as they can. They can use a tower across town or if that doesn't pick up a signal, they will need to wait until the rain stops so they can tie into the tower just down the road from us. I'm thinkin' at this point I can't go wrong...HA! After waiting 2 weeks for some kind word from them, I call the closed-mouthed lady at the office. She had no idea what is goin' on but she would call me back after findin' out. Great, I'm thinkin she ain't callin' back, they never call back. Well, she did call back and low and behold the guys can come today and hook me up. I am totally on a cloud thinkin' I'd have internet by days end. Nope. They get here and they don't even want to try to hook into the tower across town, I'd have to wait for the other tower to get hooked up. Okay...gettin' a little irritating at this point but I'm still working with them...even though a guy Brandon works with has the same company and NOT on the new tower and farther and lower then we are.

So, this is where the story get's into twilight-zone land. Weeks go buy and I hear nothin' but keep calling. Of course the lady in the office doesn't know a thing, I'll "just have to be patient" as she puts it. At this point it has been over 8 weeks since I sent then the money and I'm totally gettin' pissed. I tell Brandon I'm gonna tell that lady off and get my money back, so he goes and gets some info from somewhere...there is a radio station that connected to the tower with an experimental thing and it keeps shorting out all the equipment that is put up there. The radio's equipment was only 20 feet off the ground and omitting RADIATION!! No shit!!

After hearing this story I call up to the office and a different lady answers and she's got most of the answers. The story was true. It was her brother that had gone to install the equipment and everything was shorted out. He called the tower owner and asked what was up and he was told to stay away from there because of the high radiation count. No one supposedly knew what to do and they didn't know when they would be able to get the system hooked up. At this point I was outta the game. It had been too long and no enough anwers. I got my money back. And I called the FBI's environmental complaint department and left a messege with the radiation specialist after being transfered. A few days later the wireless equipment was installed...hummm. BUT...not before I called hughesnet. Brandon tried to talk me into the other company again but I told him no. I'd be on a waiting list again (UGGG that is just mind boggling) and it would be 2-3 weeks. So, we'll see how this goes and if I don't like it I can switch, I guess. So far it's not too bad but could be a lot faster.

Gosh, it's been so long that I don't know where to start on what's been goin' on around here...well yesterday Colton decided to take a crap outside next to the house. That was fun!! He sure didn't like pickin' it up and flushin' it...ha ha!! Nasty little dude anyways. These boys are just about to put me in my grave. I run all day long tryin' to keep up with them and they still get me good at times...hence the poop incident. Baylar is just straight up naughty!! And he smiles as sweet as can be and looks like an angel when he's doin' it. I can say though that they are sweet boys when it comes to showing affection and empathyis a plus in today's world for sure!

I have so much more to update and write about but it will have to be another day. I am taking pictures all over and will be posting them really soon.

Thanks for keeping up with me and my brood. I know it may not always be entertaining but hey, if I have to live it, I'm passin' it on;O)

Have a great and safe Friday night...Ghost Adventures for me in bed...ahhh

...sorry for any spellin' errors the spell check is out.