Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Awwww...campin' with rednecks...

What a weekend!!! I just really don't even know where to start. Brandon and our family got up there Friday evening and the rest of the bunch got there on Saturday. There was like a total of 30+ people...tents lined up along the mountain road for at least a 1/2 mile.

I guess Brandon and I have just matured/growed up because we just really didn't have a lot in common with the family up there...start drinkin' after breakfast and run hard 'til ya pass out late in the night...after many mishaps with rolled 4 wheelers, broken handle bars, lost ice chests...it was a drunken mess for sure! Not everyone drank but the ones that did, drank enough for everyone. I just don't get how they can't have fun without getting totally smashed???

I really wanted this trip to be a fun family time. We had the only little kids up there. No one wanted to wait to go 4 wheelin'...we'd be the last one's to know they were leaving and we couldn't get ready in a matter of minutes. So, Saturday we went on a run by ourselves. It was fun.

Sunday we all took a ride together...somethin' like 12 4 wheelers and at least 20 people. It was pretty fun other then the fact we had to stop every 10 minutes for everyone to pee and get a beer. Brandon said we coulda done that around the camp lol.


Here is part of the group

We stopped so the kids could get wet and here's what we found


A big ass LEACH!!!!! He was at least 6 inches long...YUCK!!

The kids swimming...lookin' for more leaches

Then we stopped at a place for the boys to have some mud fun on the 4 wheelers. Brandon fouled a plug and had to be towed back to camp. They got it fixed though after a drunk cousin somehow dropped the key into the gas tank and that had to be drained...leave it to drunks for entertainment huh?

They had fun before it broke!

UGGGG...I'd done had it by this point...lol. I just started a new med and was fighting a sick feeling all weekend...and keepin' up with 2 rowdy boys and the drunks...I was beat!

Playin' in the mud and BOY did it stink...I don't wanna think of what was in there...


I guess all in all, we learned we like to camp by ourselves and go at our own pace. We like to enjoy the easy goin' campin' instead of balls out, full on go. I guess being a mom has made me a sort of stick in the mud but I don't care. My kids come first and getting drunk and rollin' 4 wheelers isn't really our thing. I do feel bad for Brandon though. It is his family and I think he was a bit embarrassed by how they were acting. Not horrible but just drunks...we know how they are.

I am very glad to be home...we all were. Colton liked campin' but said he missed his home...bless his heart. The next time we go campin' will be by ourselves. We're just country, farmin' folks who like to enjoy nature and getting away...not seein' how farkered up we can get and what kind of accidents we can laugh about later....we're borin' lol!

I hope it was a good weekend for everyone out there in cyber land...O-we had a missin' hen that I figured was laying on a nest somewhere. Well, she came out this mornin'!!!!! She was under the house. I really don't want more babies but we can butcher them later I guess. I'm just glad that she hadn't met a final end...that would have meant something ate her and we had a predator here...nope, just a broody mama!