Yesterday evenin', my brother-in-law, Bobby, was shot and killed outside a convience store. I didn't find out until this mornin'. Brandon had to work and after his alarm went off many times, I tried to wake him with a cup of coffee. I asked him if anything was wrong and he said yes..."my brother was shot and killed last night"...I was blown away. I didn't know what to say. I just grabbed him and let him cry for a bit. It broke my heart to say the least.
I had only med Bobby once in the 12 years Brandon and I have been together. But I know his girls very well and love them very much. This is all just so shocking I can't even fanthom it. And Brandon was the one that had to go to his dad's last night and tell him. I wish he would have woken me up. His older brother wanted him told in person. I just wish I coud have gone with Brandon...
This *never happens to us*, ya know? That is what everyone thinks. I've lost 2 family members in my lifetime...one was a favorite great uncle and I was young...the other was my Nana...the greatest woman I have ever met. That was a day that changed me forever...I was told over the phone while I was alone with my girls.
We were going to go campin' today for the weekend (I was tryin' to get outta meeting my long lost uncle from England today) but plans have changed I guess. All I can think about now is Bobby's girls and Brandon. If you are a prayin' type...please pray for us. I am really worried about my father-in-law as well. All he keeps sayin' is "he killed my boy"...Bobby was 36 and Brandon turns 35 tomorrow. Mercy...
"Man shot dead outside Gilbert convenience store
by Brealyn Nenes - Aug. 26, 2010 09:49 PM
The Arizona Republic
.Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a Gilbert man late Thursday evening.
According to Gilbert police, witnesses saw two men arguing in front of a Circle K near Rittenhouse and Power Roads when one man suddenly shot the other.
Police said the victim was found dead on the scene when they arrived.
The shooter was detained by police and they are now looking to witnesses in order to get more information on the investigation.
Neither man's identity was released.
Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/2010/08/26/20100826gilbert-fatal-shooting-abrk.html#ixzz0xoXYEq3N"
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a tragedy. I will keep your family in my prayers.
ReplyDelete