I'm addin' a bunch of pics so take a look at some of the action around here.
I have eggs comin' outta my ears! When I bought 10 straight run chicks I had no idea that out of 10, I would only get 1 stinkin' roo. That means we need to cull a few more of the hens. The turkey's will be goin' into the freezer by this weekend. They are drivin' me nuts and if all the meat we raise is this irritatin', they will be easy to have butchered:O)
I plan on either goin' hog huntin' with my bil or goin' up north to OKC and gettin' a couple wild hogs from his in-laws. I guess they capture them all over their property. So that will be nice to have some free pork to add to the freezer (which I still need to buy but bein' in the sticks...stuff ain't close). I don't even want to think about the time we have wasted not puttin' a couple cows on the property. And my fil is gonna take his to the auction. That just doesn't make sense to me...why raise them and then let someone else have the great me? Sure you get a monetary return but I'd rather have the meat. Brandon says we can't get cattle until we finish the fence. Which doesn't seem to be very high on his to-do list...not much is there really. His shed/barn he is building has taken a few more months then I expected. Now that it's cooler, I want to get started on tappin' out the back deck/porch.
We've had the flu (stomach...YUCK!!!) go through the house. For pete's sake...I give up! This mama is so tired of all the crap, literally, that I have to clean up. O-well, a nice 4 wheeler ride in the cool evenin' is nice:O)
Montanna won first place with her yarn dog in the county fair. Now it goes to state! She was so excited and we were so proud! I am goin' to check into karate lessons for the girls and Colton wants to play the fiddle. I think we have a family violin that I might be able to get...that would be sweet!!!
Anyhow, I gotta go but I wanted to let ya'll know of a new swappin' site I found swapmamas.com . I am goin' to only swap/trade and use my amazon.com gift cards for Christmas this year!! Don't forget to sign up for swagbucks and earn free Christmas money.
O-and I'm tryin' to get a free clothing swap together for our little community for fall. We had one in AZ in the small town we lived in and it was a big hit for sure. Everyone just brought clothes/acces. and took what they needed and left what they didn't. That is how we got a few coats and shoes for the girls when they were little.
Maybe try to do something in your community...think global...act local!!!