So this year my goal is to spend as little cash as possible on Christmas. Every year it turns into a horrible time for me because I try to buy the kids everything we couldn't buy them throughout the year but there just isn't enough money. But this year will be different!! I am tradin', swappin' and usin' my gift cards from swagbucks to get everything and so far so good.
I love tradin' at clothdiapernation.com and diaperswappers.com . I also found swapmamas.com but that place is kinda complicated for my taste. So far I have traded for a blue leapster and case, a new with tags rain slicker for Colton, a journal for one of the girls, stampin' up stuff, craft kids for the girls, wallies for the boys...shoot, I know there's more but I can't remember it all. I am tradin' stuff I don't use/need for Christmas stuff...YEEEHAWWW!!! O-I also just scored a sewin' machine for $25...now I need to learn to sew! I plan on makin' the kids quits for Christmas also but we'll see how I do on time:O)
I found out that with our heritage turkey's (giant white and bourbon reds), we need to let them mature 'til at least 8 months old. The 2 toms have just now started gobblin' and it is funny! If you gobble, they will too. The one tom has a small flock of 2 guineas that follow him around...he's our resident (for now!) mama papa;O)
YUMMMMYYY!!! Sorry but these damned turkey's have been a pain in the ass for months and they will taste great!! I also fully believe that any animal that will be used for food have the best life possible while on the farm. Stay tuned for the butcherin' post!
I really need to take those goats to the auction. But really don't feel like loadin' them suckers up and havin' to haul them over 30 miles away, spend all day there and probably walk out with just enough money to cover fuel. I keep askin' Brandon to go ask the neighbors if they want to trade them (tradin' stuff is big here:O) but he won't. So, I may just get a wild hair up the arse and run'em down with the big 4 wheeler. No, I wouldn't do that! But they are lookin' tasty!
I love my new camera, a Nikon Coolpix L110 and enjoy takin' pics of everything. I'm still learnin' how to use all the functions, actually I still need to read the book but that will have to wait. I do like it though and so glad I finally got a new one. The last camera I bought was at least 7 years ago and pretty much out of date by like 7 years:O) Montanna uses it now for 4-H. She loves to take pictures...usually of herself LOL!
There's my handsome baby at a family birthday we went to over the weekend.
I really gotta get off here...I have a ton of stuff to do today and the animals want fed...time to slip the boots on, grab the b-b gun and brace myself for some hungry buttheads!!!
Have a great day and enjoy some nice outside time!! We've finally gotten out of the 110's and are now pleasantly in the 50's at night and 70's to low 80's durin' the day...SWEET!!!! And that means evenin' 4 wheeler rides again!!