I got my Raw Black Soap yesterday in the mail from amazon.com . When I saw this soap, I was really fascinated and wanted to learn more. And this landed me at ehow.com , which I LOVE!!!
This is what I found out and now I can't wait to get the lye I ordered to make some liquid black soap. And I will post the recipe!
Carve a square inch of soap from the larger block of African black soap.
Store remaining block in plastic container / Ziplock bag to protect it from dust and moisture until your next use.
Take square inch of raw African black soap and lather with luke warm water.
Rub the lather on your face and neck in circular motions for a few seconds. Be sure to avoid your eyes. You can let lather set for a few minutes or rinse immediately after.
Repeat twice daily; morning and evening. You'll begin to notice smoother clearer skin after just a few days. Take a look at the tip below to optimize your uses for African black soap and get results faster!
Tips & Warnings
Because of its soft texture raw African Black Soap can be made into a simple yet effective face mask. Just carve 2 square inches of raw African Black Soap. Let it sit in 2 oz of water for about 10 minutes. Then mash and mix with 2oz of raw Honey. Smear on face and neck then let it sit for 20-30 min. Rinse and repeat twice weekly and you'll be on your way to clear, smooth skin. Remaining mask mixture can be stored in a plastic container for later use..Raw African Black Soap is a great remedy for Eczema and Psoriasis..If your skin begins to peel during the first week this is normal. However if it continues after the second week, discontinue use..Raw African Black Soap is very potent. I do not recommend Black Soap for those who have sensitive or extremely dry skin. If you have normal skin, use as a daily wash and not as a mask..
Read more: How to Use Raw African Black Soap
eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4749014_use-raw-african-black-soap.html#ixzz1BagMIUII
I washed my face for the first time with it last night and followed with vitamin E oil as a moisturizer. We'll see how it goes:O) I will also use it as my body soap.
I need to get off here and get the chili started for dinner...big can of tomatoes, big can of tomato sauce, hamburger meat, pintos and a ton of spices, cooked all day and served with cornbread that Emmah makes very well!! YUMMY!
It is a frozen, sleeting mess out there and I plan on stayin' inside all day. Wish the derned fireplace wasn't hellbent on smokin' me to death...I swear it is!! And I could have a nice, warm fire today. Yeah, if it were that easy lol!
O-and I will be listing what I will order from seedsavers.org and eburgess.com and how the stove and side of beef hunt is goin'...haha, that sounds too funny.
Have a great day ya'll and stay warm and dream BIG!!!