Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Locks of Love

Here is a wonderful site/organization that needs all the hair they can get Lock of Love . We recently cut Colton's hair and though it wasn't long enough (10 inches), I will send it along with my hair. I plan to cut off at least 12 inches of my hair. It has gotten way too long and just gets in the way. And there couldn't be a better way to recycle my hair!! Please visit the site and check out all they are doing!
I just got an email notifying me that our beef is bein' processed and should be on its way by he 27th...YEEEEHAAWWWW!!! We love some fresh beef and can't wait to try it. Check out their website Red River Beef

It's also the end of the school year!!! One more day left and they are out for just over 90 days...and then Little Man will get to go to school too...how fun for him, and mom:O)

I started a new forum for moms. I will slowly be workin' on gettin' it up an running. It will focus on country/rural moms. I hope for it to really take off and be a wonderful place to meet like minded moms. I have noticed that I am not the norm for mom forums and frankly, I have to justify my reasoning's for how we live. Living a more natural lifestyle is just natural and not really out of the norm of things. Stay tuned for links and ho to share the forum.

I've had a cold so I haven't been on here much. But I did try a new dishwasher soap recipe I wanted to share...

Dishwasher Soap
~2 cups liquid soap (I used the soap I made)
~2 cups water
~4 teaspoons lemon juice
~3 drops tea tree oil
~2 cups vinegar
~1 cup borax
Combine all ingredients, give a good shake and fill both soap dispensers. Enjoy!

Our niece leaves on Friday and that will be a sad day. It has been fun havin' her here and gettin' close to her. She will be missed by all. We love you Cara!!!

I need to go for now. Have a great day and pray for those less fortunate!