Monday, July 18, 2011

I ran over our kitten yesterday...

...gosh, talk about horrible. I was leavin' to take the boys down to g'mama's house and the girls were at church. I started the truck, backed out of the spot and heard a meow. As soon as I looked, I saw her gray little body there. All I could think was NOOOOOOOOO!

I dropped the boys off down the road and had to come back and get a shovel to pick her up. I will never get those images out of my mind...it was disturbing. Thank God she went fast

The boys saw her layin' there but couldn't see too well. They were very upset and so were the girls when they got home. I feel so bad.

I have never run anything over and I couldn't think of anything worse right now. My heart just breaks for the little kitty I was just talkin' to yesterday mornin'.

Loving animals brings about a big hurt sometimes...