Thank God!! This has been the craziest summer of all for me. We are now even experiencin' the weird weather effectin' the animals. We had a skunk the other mornin' (I was at work dang it!) under the porch gettin' eggs. The litte bugger even attacked the dogs...all of them were sprayed...PHEEEWWWW!! They were on their own with that mess, though. I guess Brandon had to shoot the skunk...double tap;O) Not sure what he did with it. Ya know, after over 2 years of livin' here and havin' all sorts of animals, big and small, this was the first time we had a varmint come this close to the house. Usually the dogs get anything before it gets too close. This has truly been a weird year for all sorts of things.
This is the wonderful "little" spider we saw the other day when we went to see the river at our family's house. He was spinnin' it right off the roof of the porch and a beam. It was quite a sight to see really, though I was content to leave him be and just take pics:O)
The Kiamichi river has come up a bit with the rains they have had north of us. Which of course in return brought the ticks out. And we didn't bring any spray with us, so we ended up not stayin' long. We do plan on goin' fishin' tomorrow somewhere and I'll take some pics. Hopefully we can caught some goods sized ones.
Here is a huge pepper plant my aunt has that won't produce any fruit. I guess it has been so hot that they will bud but not produce. The kids and I planted a fall garden with beans, tomatoes, pumpkins, peppers, beets and we will plant lettuce a little later this month. Not sure what will come up since I tried to go see the horses, couldn't get the gate closed and got so hot and pissed, I ended up shuttin' the main gate. By the time I came back from town, the horses were already in the yard. Then a little while later, I see Choncho in the garden, usin' his broom like nose to sweep the dirt off the seeds and he was eatin'em as far as I could tell. Then he proceeded to stop, drop and roll in the beans and then gingerly walk out. Who knows what is left now, not to mention that the chickens also got in there before I closed the make shift gate. I guess we'll add what doesn't come up.
I should get goin'. I'm goin' to work on a big compost pile to get a-brewin' and I want to see if I can sew somethin' with my sewin' machine I've had for over a year and never used:O)
O-I do have a couple questions about meat that I would love if you could comment on...please!
*What is your opinion on re-freezin' meat (pre-cooked)? Can you? Should you? And how long after defrost do you need to cook the meat?