Sunday, March 11, 2012

Logger Heads

Turtles



So, Oklahoma is covered with all sorts of crawling, creeping stuff. And I mean a LOT!! I have never dealt with so many ticks and skeeter bites…I’m goin’ crazy!!! And you would be amazed WHERE the little ticks can get into.
I wanted to share some pics of the turtle we found. He’s a snapper or logger head. Very mean and ugly!!
dsc04007.JPG
dsc04006.JPG
My father in law put him in the pond and he will eat him later….YUCK!!! I won’t be.
My mare Star is not doing good but I pray her leg will heal up. She’s had such a long hard go. It’s not an easy decision to put a horse down…ever!
We should have our house moved in within a week. This is where we will put it. It’s been a long haul clearing it out and many ticks too. No snakes so far so that is good. We still need to have the water and power put in too. I will finally be with my beloved farm buddies again!!
dsc04000.JPG
dsc04003.JPG
I will be keeping up with our progress here on my blog. I hope things go quickly and Redneck can find a job.
Will write more later! Have a great day!!
Tip of the day: NEVER touch a Logger Head turtle!!!