Soft ball also started for Montanna. So 3-4 days a week I am runnin' here and runnin' there. And of course it takin' a crap load of gas since we live 10 miles from town one way. But it is a good way to meet more neighbors and kids in the community. But we are a troop when we go anywhere...we could almost have a team with just the kids:O)
And now I will report on our campin' trip...it used to be so much easier and relaxin':O) Now I will say that we can't go anywhere without some sort of *excitement*...I call it the *double dose* lol.
Okay...I get everything packed up and we head out about 7pm and have about a 15 minute drive to the family campsite. HA!!! Fifteen minutes my butt...as soon as we got to the pavement and had about 10 miles to go...we get a blowout on the trailer...SWEET!! Okay, no biggie...except we didn't have a spare. So we have to call my fil (thankfully the phone service;O) to bring us a tire for his trailer...he said he knew h should of had a spare. BUT, he didn't have one so he had to go to his nephews to get one.
We still needed ice, so we unhook the trailer and I head to the store with the kids for gas and ice...leavin' Brandon on the side of the road at just about dusk...made me really nervous to leave him. We get back and fil isn't there yet. We wait for another 30 minutes and he shows up and we get the tired changed and we are off...it's only 8pm now but darkness is quickly following.
We get to the campsite and get some dogs on the fire and get our tent up. Kids are tired after a long day of school and excitement, so they go to bed after s'mores. Which leaves me and Brandon up taklin' and watchin the fire.
Now we usually have 1 or 2 big dogs with us to let us know what's goin' on around with wildlife. Well, this time we had 2 Chi's and 1 was in bed/the tent and the other, Duttly, is a weeny and wouldn't let us know if anything was around. So, needless to say, I was a little spooked about what I couldn't see in the darkness (think "Stand By Me" and Arty keepin' watch lol!!) and went to bed early for campin'.
The next mornin' (what a night...I am too old to be sleepin' on the ground anymore!!!) we all tell how we heard somethin' growlin' the night before but we thought it was someone snorin'. Also, my little Chi girl heard soemthin' that night that made her growl...around the time we heard the *snoring*. But come to find out, our family at the house had heard a cat scream that mornin' not too far off...SWEET!
That mornin' I was to meet my mom at the store and she would follow me out to go fishin'. Well, to keep things real (double dose!!), the truck had a dead battery. Thankfully it wasn't that dead and we jumped it off the big 4 wheeler. Get my mom picked up and w are off to fish.
Me and the rest of the gang set off walkin' the banks while they took a boat ride. We get to the fishin' spot we like and we start catchin some bass. Not huge ones but we would have (yes...double dose again!!) ate them for dinner...had our 5 fish not got loose from the bank and off on the string they went...no kiddin'!!
So after a long, hot day fishin' it was time to head back to camp...but the route we were goin' to take back up river ran dry. SWEET!!! Here we go again with the double dose...Brandon and I had to carry the boat about 1/2 mile to the deep part of the river. And I swear that thing weighed more then twice my weight! It was a flat bottom metal boat but it was HEAVY!!! I had to go to my happy place and I felt like I was on Survivor or The Amazing Race:O) We finally get it to deeper water and Brandon takes the kids across the river to camp. Then comes back for my mom and I...poor guy was tired of rowin' the boat lol.
We get back to camp around 6pm and got dinner started. The night ended uneventfully...thank you! The next mornin' we had planned to take a 4 wheeler ride but after another long night of not sleepin' and the cool wind gettin' up, we decide to break camp and head home...thinkin' it was all good...wrong!!!
Insert double dose again...not even up the hill to our family's house and we get another blowout on the trailer...no kiddin'!!! I've about had it at this point. The tire had come off the rim, not so much a blowout as a flat tire off the rim. Brandon gets to the house and somehow rednecks the tire back on and gets it aired up and we race for home!!
It was a fun trip but sometimes I wish things were a little less lively. O-and we lost all of our poles on the way home except for mine...sweet. Now we have to buy more fishin' poles.
I need to go so I can get my chores done. I still haven't put in the rest of the garden and plan on that this weekend but we'll see...our 12 year anniversary in Friday and I'm not sure what we are doin'...we need a date:O)
Have a great Wednesday!!